Employment type: Permanent
Salary: £80 – £110K Insurance, Bonus, Car Allowance
Recruiter: David Laking (email@example.com)
Responsible for setting up and managing an Agile Programme Management Office for the Transformation programme. The programme will be delivered through a combination of organisation, propositions, culture, process and technology changes that will come together to embody the new operating model. The role holder will be instrumental in supporting the Transformation Director to ensure the expected business and customer outcomes are delivered as per the plan.
- Set up, manage and lead the Agile Programme Management Office for the Transformation programme.
- Shape and oversee the delivery of the programme office: governance and reporting, programme financials, planning and control, issue and risk management, and change control, with a focus on the expected business and customer outcomes. Also ensure that programme risks, issues and key dependencies are documented and when relevant, escalated on time to allow quick resolution.
- Support strong change management discipline, including the setup and use of the tool of choice to reflect the programme user stories and delivery, in coordination with the Programme Manager.
- Maps the change portfolio outcomes to organisational objectives, benefits realisation and return on investment, and track Change key performance indicators (financials and non-financials).
- Establish the measurements and controls necessary to sustain the beneficial impacts of change beyond the life of the programme.
- Support the move towards Organisational Agility through relevant governance and reporting.
- Produce and automate dashboards/reports as required.
- Support Scrum of Scrum to ensure that all standups have required input.
- Take ownership and responsibility to see problems through to conclusion.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and actively contribute to the definition of the to be business and IT architecture.
Ensure retrospectives are scheduled, documented in the tool of choice and all actions followed through to conclusion.
Specialist skills & experience
- Deep understanding of Project Portfolio Management (PPM) concepts as well as Portfolio Agile PMO processes/methods, project management tools and processes.
- Strong understanding, analysing, interpreting and working with information (both financial or non-financial) and variance reporting.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and develop strong networks with key stakeholders at all points in the global matrix, creating an ability to execute task at hand with minimum conflict.
- Exceptional networking and senior stakeholder management skills.
- Comfortable to challenge senior stakeholders across multiple functions.
- Proficient at storyboarding, writing executive summaries and summary status overviews.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and exercise good judgement.
- Maintains up to date understanding of industry best practices.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong experience in working in or setting up a strong Agile delivery office.
- Proven experience of delivering large scale programmes.
- Experience with understanding and translating complex business requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of
- Being a Self-starter
- Resilience and grit
- Problem management / resolution