Employment type: 12-month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £50 – £65K
Recruiter: John Atkins
Business Analyst role supporting a Large Insurance firm on a large transformation programme. The programme will be delivered through a combination of organisation, propositions, culture, process and technology changes that will come together to embody the new operating model.
The Business Analyst will notably support the Programme Manager and/or the Agile Programme Management Office Lead and/or the Business Architect in setting and driving the programme.
- Accurately and efficiently document business requirements / user stories.
- Take ownership and responsibility to see problems through to conclusion.
- Develop deep understanding of the business and actively contribute to the definition of the to be business and IT architecture.
- Work with key stakeholders across the organisation to understand requirements, analyse the as is, define and support the deployment of the to be.
- Ensure programme progress, risks and issues are reported, documented, and escalated as required through appropriate governance channels.
- The Business Analyst might notably support the Programme Manager and/or the Agile Programme Management Office Lead and/or the Business Architect, or other Programme stakeholders as required by the business priorities.
- Provide guidance to more junior business analysts engaged on the programme.
- Strong analytical and structuration skills.
- Collaborative analyst with demonstrable experience of engaging with business teams to drive change.
- Exceptional networking and senior stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Knowledge of Agile ways of working preferable.
- Ability to adapt and reprioritise quickly to ensure that any emerging risks are appropriately managed.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and exercise good judgement.
- Comfortable to challenge senior stakeholders across multiple functions.
- Maintains up to date understanding of industry best practices.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Proven experience of working on large scale programmes within financial services.
- Experience with understanding and translating complex business requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of
- Being a Self-starter
- Resilience and grit