Employment type: Permanent
Salary: £80,000 – £90,000
Recruiter: Ivor Stratford
We are currently working with one of the most respected names in the Insurance industry on a search for an experience Process Improvement Manager/ Operational Excellence Manager. This roles sits within Operational Excellence, the Process Improvement Manager will play an important role to review existing business processes and identify any areas for improvement for internal and external benefit.
You will also support the Head of Operational Excellence in helping to develop the team skills and share new tools, techniques and methodologies to enable them to drive their own programmes of continuous process improvement in the future. Where appropriate you will support with training and providing ongoing mentoring and coaching to build a continuous improvement and process management capability across the business.
This role is responsible for driving efficiency and effectiveness across the business through delivering and embedding sustainable change, applying the six sigma and lean process improvement/design methodologies. To develop and standardise the businesses processes through developing a process management capability, and engaging others in a continuous improvement mind-set.
Required Skills and Experience
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications
- Ability to listen to and resolve customer issues whilst preserving positive relationships (by being effective, efficient, tactful and courteous)
- Good people skills in frequently creating and maintaining relationships with various types of individuals within the business and at different levels
- Must have the ability to work in a fast moving matrix management environment with many often conflicting demands
- Good financial, quantitative and analytical skills with a good degree of numeracy
- Good influencing skills with the ability to influence change in a positive manner
- Ability to use all Microsoft packages as an advanced user Knowledge
- Extensive lean/six sigma experience, including deployment of process management strategies
- Experience and knowledge of various lean tools, Kaizen etc
- Experience of delivering standard change projects (non-process improvement/design)
- Understanding of the Lloyd’s and London insurance market would be beneficial. Experience
- Black Belt Certified/Master Black Belt certified with Lean Six Sigma experience
- Proven experience in a process improvement and design environment
- Project management experience, with Prince 2 certification desirable
- Demonstrable experience in business analysis and process improvement