Employment type: 12-month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £55 – £70K
Recruiter: John Atkins
Project Manager needed by an established Insurance company with a key focus on Motor and Home policies, this company is currently undertaking a large Transformation Program.
This role will be driving projects forward working with senior stakeholders and ensuring the transformation programme continues to move forward.
- Support the Delivery Director in the change programme, ensuring the projects are driving forward.
- Work across multiple workstreams looking at the future of the business.
- Establish the resources, structures, governance frameworks and processes for controlling delivery across all aspects of the project, including all the usual programme governance activities of planning, risk management, dependency management financial management, controlling and reporting etc.
- Ensure that the right internal governance and controls are established, and that the right level of engagement and sponsorship is exercised across all aspects of the change. Challenge members of the management team to own their change and to take difficult decisions when they are needed to ensure successful delivery of the strategy.
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business to ensure that the company goals, objectives and plans are integrated with plans in other areas with whom Retail has interdependencies (e.g. HR, Comms, Claims, Finance Operations, etc).
- Liaise with UK Finance and the UK change function to ensure that appropriate governance is maintained for this substantial investment and that the right tracking and reporting mechanisms are in place.
- Manage investment priorities across the programme on an ongoing business to ensure that benefit realisation is optimised across the programme life.
- Establish the measurements and controls necessary to sustain the beneficial impacts of change beyond the life of the programme.
- Support a culture in which change is seen as business as usual, where the business embrace risks and adopt a try but fail fast mentality. Ensure that failure is transparent and that stakeholders focus on what can be learnt from failure to drive continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates significant leadership capability with values that align to companies culture.
- Ability to lead through influencing others behaviour and driving engagement on activities that will deliver the strategic direction.
- Excellent capacity to operate at a strategic level with the ability to navigate both complexity and ambiguity to present a meaningful story to others.
- Significant experience of implementing and leading enterprise wide transformation that is sustainable and adds value to the organisation.
- Highly technology literate with significant experience of implementing large scale technology and transformation programmes.
- Strong expertise in Agile and experience of different types of SDLC methodologies.
- Significant experience of managing delivery from consultants and Third Party Technology providers.
- Strong financial acumen. Able to create, analyse and interpret complex business cases to identify the true value to the business and able to communicate this effectively to others.
- Good understanding of Operating models and business lines and able to understand the impact that change activities will have on them.
- Expert level knowledge of change methodologies and direct experiencing of implementing sustainable frameworks within complex organisations.
- Highly resilient with the ability to coach and challenge senior stakeholders on complex and business critical decisions.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the ability to tell change stories in a way that makes the change accessible to all audiences across the business.
- Advanced data and analytical capability – able to spot underlying root causes of issues and a proactive approach to continuous improvement.