Employment type: Permanent
Salary: €40,000 + OTE
Recruiter: Maisha Miah
The SDR is responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities for the Sales Directors/field sales to pursue. SDRs generate demand primarily via outbound prospecting into assigned accounts, territories or buying centres. In addition to tele, SDRs use a spectrum of tactics including email, social media and chat. In organisations with limited scale, SDRs also may have limited responsibilities to further qualify demand generated by marketing and scored using a marketing automation platform (MAP).
- Generate new demand (e.g. individual leads and/or buying groups) for the sales organisation to pursue.
- Qualify demand (e.g. individual leads and/ or buying groups) against established criteria before passing a lead to account directors/field sales as Sales Accepted Leads (SALs) or qualified demand units.
- Discover, validate and reach out to additional personas typically involved in a buying decision to determine possible buying groups for delivery to field sales.
- Nurture predetermined groups of prospects back from field or channel sales by using multiple touch tactics (e.g. telephone, email, social).
- As a secondary responsibility – where specified by the organisation – process inbound demand using a range of tactics (e.g. telephone, email, social).
- Comply with all demand management–related service-level agreements.
- Provide accurate weekly forecasts to marketing and sales on the volume of qualified demand expected to reach the SAL stage or qualified demand stage.
- Track and manage prospecting, qualification and nurture activities in the company’s sales force automation (SFA) system.
- Reach and have meaningful, productive conversations with individuals representing the buyer personas targeted by the organisation.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Active listening to assess prospect needs & opportunities.
- Ability to articulate a high-quality value proposition on every call.
- Ability to perform prospect & account research to prepare for calls.
- Ability to use existing and emerging social media tools to monitor targeted accounts and buying groups, and identify trigger events for follow-up.
- Discipline and energy to maintain high activity volumes (e.g. a minimum of 30 outbound calls and 25 additional outbound touches per day).
- A desire for a career in tech sales and ambition to progress.