Employment type: Permanent
Location: High Wycombe / Aylesbury
Salary: £60 – £65K
Recruiter: John Atkins
Responsible for leading process management and improvement across the Group through business partnership with Process Owners and Functional Process Leads.
Reporting to the Head of Process the Senior Process Specialist will bring experience in leadership, engagement, relationship building, process design and implementation. They will lead and deliver significant process led projects and programmes, bringing experience of continuous improvement and solution design.
The Senior Process Specialist will support the Head of Process by contributing to the development, implementation and maintenance of the process management and improvement approach, acting as an ambassador for best practice within the business.
The Senior Process Specialist will contributes strategic objectives and drive process excellence through establishing a network of relationships, providing business partnership to functional areas, bringing process expertise and innovation, and enabling functions to lead their own programmes of continuous improvement whilst being guided by best practice. They will be responsible for embedding metrics and measures, working with process owners to build a true view of process performance which then drives improvement.
The Senior Process Specialist will act as a technical expert in process management and improvement, providing training and coaching to functional areas in order to build capability and grow a culture of continuous improvement.
Leading a small team of Process Specialists and/or Process Analysts within the central process team, the Senior Process Specialist will directly influence and develop the knowledge of the team.
- Take a leading role by business partnering a functional area, supporting process owners and functional improvement leads in that area to understand their processes, assess process performance and build programmes of continuous improvement.
- Act as a direct link to the Process Owner and Functional Process Lead in respect of central change, local improvement, best practice, standards and governance. Maintain an awareness of the broader change landscape within the company, current and future, linking this to local business requirements.
- Directly contribute to the establishment of clients process management and improvement standards and governance, using expertise to embed and educate process owners, drive consistency of practice with functional process leads, and link to the Clients Projects and Change Management approach. Responsible for keeping up to date with new developments in process methodology and thinking.
- Leading and delivering significant projects and programmes taking a process led approach, including complex process and solution design. Take a lead role in solution and technical design review, using extensive experience of software development and implementation. Definition and ownership of business implementation plans and robust change management practices.
- Identify performance issues and potential improvement opportunities. Working with the functional process lead to build out those opportunities into a functional continuous improvement plan.
- Act as a key point of contact regarding process risk, ensuring that process owners are aware of the risk profiles pertaining to their processes, supporting the implementation and monitoring of controls, and acting as point of contact for audit and risk reviews.
- Accountable for managing a team of process specialists and/or Process Analysts that will manage or input into improvement projects for the purposes of designing and documenting efficient processes. The team will own outputs from design workshops and producing process flows and define both organisational responsibilities and business requirements / rules.
- Act as an advocate of process management and improvement, supporting the identification of improvement opportunities in all we do.